Citizens For A Better Norwood

Monday, October 10, 2011

Candidate blog series: Andrew Clark, Council at Large (R)

I am excited to be running for a seat on Norwood City Council. I love the City of Norwood and know I can help take our city to the next level. Norwood needs a combination of all ages on city council. A combination of wisdom and experience with new and fresh ideas is powerful. I promise you that I will never be outworked.

Here are some facts about me you may want to know:
  1. I am a life long resident of Norwood and attended North Norwood for preschool, Sharpsburg for kindergarten through 5th grade, the middle school for 6th through 8th grade and the high school for 9th through 12th grade.
  2. I graduated from Miami University (Oxford, OH) with a B.A. in Political Science with a focus in English Literature and Creative Writing.
  3. In February of 2009, my mom, Vicki (life long resident and NHS graduate c/o 1977), and I started the Norwood Star Newspaper after the loss of the Norwood Times. I was writing for the Times when it shut down and knew Norwood needed a newspaper to keep the positive news flowing.
  4. In my professional life, I work at the Cincinnati Area Board of REALTORS. I hope to bring the tools I have learned about real estate to Norwood and help us attract more businesses to fill our vacant developments and new families to fill our vacant residences.
Here are more specific things I hope to do for Norwood:

Improve Norwood’s Reputation

My experience with the Norwood Star and at the Cincinnati Area Board of REALTORS has shown me the importance of positive press. I will work with the media to ensure that we receive more coverage on the good things rather than just the bad. I am willing to take on anyone who thinks Norwood is an awful community-even Tracy Jones!

Improve and Maintain Norwood’s Infrastructure

I will work to improve our roadways, parks, and public facilities to ensure that Norwood has better roadways and great facilities for us to use.

Ensure that Public Safety is a Top Priority
I will work to make Norwood the safest place it can be. I will work closely with the Norwood Police Department and the Norwood Citizens on Patrol to find ways to build upon the great work they are already doing and find new ways of making Norwood safe.

Help the School Board to Improve our Schools
As a NHS graduate, I was given a great education, which landed me in a top public university. I want to ensure that every child in Norwood has the same opportunity and better. We are on the right track and I want to see us get even better.

I am excited for what is in store for our community. We have a lot of great people here in Norwood who are willing to work hard to make our community better. I am excited to work with these great people. I promise I will never forget that I serve you and I will always be available by phone (706-6893) or email (andrew@norwoodstar.com) to address any concerns you have or any suggestions you have to make our city a better place.

Andrew Clark
Council at Large Candidate
www.facebook.com/clarkforcouncil