Citizens For A Better Norwood

Thursday, October 06, 2011

Candidate blog series: John Breadon, Ward 4 (R)

Moving “4” Forward is my focus as I run for council in Ward 4 in Norwood.

I’ve been a resident of Norwood, Ohio since birth, with a genuine love for the community. Being a part of this community throughout my life has been important to me. I have always strived to move forward, and to move others forward in the various community causes that I’ve been involved in. As a coach for Norwood High School and for the Norwood Community Center, I strive to instill teamwork and sportsmanship in the student athletes that I work with so they have the skills to move forward in their lives. As an enthusiastic Norwood High School Marching Band volunteer/dad, I’m able to get other parents to participate, as well as help the band organization move forward. As a Cub Scout leader/dad, I enjoyed helping instill the qualities and life skills that scouting provided into the lives of the youth. I also had a great time helping organize and run the Pinewood Derby and the Space Derby each year!

For over 15 years, I’ve owned and ran my small home improvement contracting business. I take seriously the responsibility of managing my client’s projects, from staying within their budget to providing quality work they can be proud of. Success and integrity in my business is important to me and moves others and myself forward.

My family is also important to me. My wife, Tonya, and I have been married for 20 years and we have two great sons, John and Justin. John is a 2010 graduate of Norwood High School, and Justin is currently a junior attending Norwood High School. My wife has also been a life-long resident of the city of Norwood.

Ward 4 needs to be represented on Council by a person that has a can-do attitude. I feel that someone with my experiences, knowledge, and energy would provide Ward 4 with the representation that it needs. I will push for infrastructure improvement, as well as safety and security improvements for Ward 4. If you are interested in someone who can bring to Ward 4 what it may be lacking, who has lived in the Norwood community since birth, who is raising their family in the community and in the Norwood City School system, and who will bring “New Energy” to Council, I am your candidate to vote for. It’s time to elect a councilperson that wants to improve our part of the city.

My pledge:

· To represent my neighbors
· To return your phone calls
· To answer your questions
· To represent your interests on Council
· “New Energy” for Council

John Breadon
Ward 4 Council Candidate