Citizens For A Better Norwood

Thursday, October 06, 2011

Candidate blog series: John Mumper, Ward 4 (D)

To the Citizens of Norwood:

I am seeking re-election to the position of Norwood City Council for the Fourth Ward. I believe that I am best qualified to represent the Fourth Ward for the following reasons:
  1. I have demonstrated that I am a conservative who wants to maintain Norwood services.
  2. I have proven that I want to keep Norwood moving in the direction of providing our city with a reputation as a family-oriented and kid-friendly city.
  3. I encourage citizens to contact me with their complaints and problems and guarantee that I will respond in a timely manner.
  4. I have often proclaimed that being a member of Norwood City Council is "Living a Dream" that I had since I was a young man, (I must add that I never wanted to be a politician).
My background:
  1. My Mumper grandparents came to Norwood from Austria-Hungary and raised two sons, Jacob and John. I am the son of John and Alvina (Gilligan) Mumper.
  2. I attended Sts. Peter and Paul Grade School, Purcell High School,and graduated from Xavier University with a BSBA in Accounting. I have over 41 years of experience in accounting and finance, and I am currently working for Wayne Coates, Hamilton County Recorder, as his Finance Director.
  3. My wife, Kathy (Dettmer) and I have been married for forty-one years and have been blessed with six children and eleven grandchildren. Most of our family still resides in Norwood.
  4. I have been active in our community my entire life and enjoy meeting residents and talking with them about their visions for Norwood.

I believe that the following are signs that the City of Norwood is moving
forward:
  1. The Ohio Department of Education has rated our Norwood City Schools EXCELLENT. This is a distinction that we should be proud of. It is an honor that we deserve, and the recognition is long overdue.
  2. The Urology Group is constructing a 15 million dollar facility in Norwood, at the Northeast corner of Section Ave. and Joseph Sanker Blvd.
  3. Rookwood Partners is ready to begin construction on Rookwood Exchange, a 100 million encore to its Rookwood Commons and Pavilion developments in Norwood.
  4. Mercy Health Partners have committed to construct a 20 million dollar facility at the Northwest corner of Williams Avenue and Edwards Road.
These developments come to Norwood because of our location and because of our city services.

We must continue to provide excellent services if we want to continue to attract quality developers to our city. We need to build our tax base if we hope to survive.

During the present time we are suffering, as are you, from the downturn in the economy. We have been told by our Auditor that we can expect a 1.3 million dollar shortfall in revenue for 2012. We must adapt and devise ways to get through these times.

Let me know what you want for Norwood and what your dreams are for your city.Call me at 513-531-3863 or email me at jmumper1965@fuse.net.

Please remember to vote on November 8, 2011.

I want to maintain city services and keep Norwood...Norwood.

John T. Mumper
Ward 4 Council Candidate

http://www.norwooddems.com/mumper.html