Citizens For A Better Norwood

Monday, February 22, 2010

Norwood City Auditor running for 33rd Ohio House District

City Auditor Jim Stith sent us the following announcement of his candidacy on the Republican ticket for the 33rd District seat vacated by term-limited Democrat Tyrone Yates. In January, Gov. Ted Strickland appointed Mr. Yates to Hamilton County’s Municipal Court bench. On the Democratic side, there will be a May primary between former Cincinnati Council member Alicia Reece and current Cincinnati Council member Laketa Cole.



After much consideration, my family and I have decided that the time is right for me to announce my candidacy for State Representative for 33rd House District.


While I love serving our community as Auditor for the City of Norwood I have been presented with an opportunity to serve my neighbors in a higher office. There is a desperate need for someone to truly represent our community in Columbus. Someone who will listen to our concerns and communicate our needs. Someone who will be responsible with our tax dollars and speak with a common voice. Someone who will bring hard work and common sense to our government. I feel that I am the right person for this responsibility now is the time to act.

I feel that being a fiscal conservative and financially responsible citizen makes me the right candidate in these difficult financial times. My 16 years of experience practicing Emergency Medicine has given me insight into the difficulties and suffering many people face as well as the problems inherent to our faltering medical system. As Norwood Auditor I gained experience reorganizing an ineffective government office. Now I want to take these experiences to Columbus to truly represent the people of my district.

The problem is not that there are too few taxes, it is that there is too much spending. Government has grown into a fat lumbering beast that is ravenous and ineffective. We must have a balanced budget and begin paying off our debt. It is time for leaders who understand that we must live on less than we make, that we can’t dig our way out of the bottom of a hole and must save for a rainy day.

When elected as your representative I promise to listen to the members of our community and be our voice in Columbus. I will be accessible to all our citizens and communicate the issues and activities of the State back to our district. I will be responsible with our money.

There is a reason it is called government service. True representatives make personal sacrifices to serve their neighbors. With your help I promise to serve with honor.

Jim Stith
Candidate for
State Representative
33rd District
www.VoteStith.com