Citizens For A Better Norwood

Friday, October 05, 2007

Candidate blog series: City Auditor candidate Gerald Owens

My Name is Gerald D. Owens. I am running as a write-in candidate for Norwood City Auditor for two reasons:

1. Both political parties know that our current Auditor is living in Orlando and has a job there as that city’s Treasurer.
2. The Republicans are supporting him, and, evidently, the Democrats are, too, because they are not running anybody against him; and both parties know about it.

They say he can do the Norwood auditor job by internet. But they have not told the public that he lives in Florida.

I don’t know about you, but I don’t like paying him as much money as we do to vacation in Florida. We pay him more money than most people make that live in the City of Norwood. I thought that to hold public office in Norwood you had to live in Norwood. Owning property in Norwood and working 900 miles away is not living in Norwood.