Candidate blog series: Ward 4 candidate John Mumper
John T. Mumper
Council Ward Four
* 4th Ward Councilman – 1976-77, 2004-05, 2006 – present.
* Currently chairman of the Committee of the Whole and the Safety, Police & Fire Committee, and a member of the Finance & Audit Committee.
* Councilman At Large – 1984 - 1985
* Clerk of Council – 1983, 1988, 1989
* Lifelong resident of Ward Four
* BSBA Accounting, Xavier University
* 37+ years of work in the accounting / finance field.
* In the Past: Norwood Knothole, Norwood YMCA, Norwood Bi-Centennial Committee
* Currently: Annual Norwood Day Parade, Holy Trinity Festival, Variety Players, Men’s Club and Building & Grounds
* Married to Kathy (Dettmer) 37 years
* Three married sons and one daughter living in Norwood:
* Brian & Amy (Dwyer)+Kate, Jack & Chad.
* Jeff & Kim (Porcano)+Julia, Jacob & Jessica
* Scott & Joy (Sandri)+Samantha, James, and Elizabeth.
* Younger daughter, Katie, owns John’s childhood home.
* Joe & Missy (Goodman) and their new son, JT, live in the historical section of Newport, KY.
* Older daughter, Kristen, also lives Newport.
For the record:
It is now time for Norwood City Council to provide a plan for the repair of streets. This plan will begin with a few streets being repaired in October, 2007 and will continue when the 8 mil renewal levy is passed by the citizens of Norwood. This renewal will result in no new taxes, due to the fact that it is a renewal based on the value of Norwood residential property in 1987. The current and future cost to the owner of a $100,000 house is approximately $74 per year. This renewal will allow council to provide a balanced budget for 2008 and hopefully for several years thereafter. The future financial state of the City of Norwood depends on the economy and a continuing stable base of companies and their employees paying earnings tax.
The renewal will be Issue #39 on the ballot on 11/06/07. Please support Issue #39 to keep your city moving forward and providing you with better services and better streets.
John Mumper, Norwood City Council, Ward Four