"Edward Mills donated a 120 foot-by-173 foot lot on the corner of Weyer Avenue and Montgomery Road for the library, and $23,000 in grant money from the Andrew Carnegie fund helped get construction started. Building got underway on October 1, 1905, and the library was officially opened for business on July 22, 1907. The Norwood mayor at that time, Charles Jones, oversaw the organization and building. The early library enjoyed success, especially during the Great Depression (1932-19345), since patrons had no money to buy books at stores. "
Centennial Celebration particulars:
When: Saturday, July 21 from 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Where: Norwood Library, 4325 Montgomery Road
Entertainment: Barbershop quartet, historical slide show, roaming magician, clown
Extra's: Refreshments, balloons and fun activities for all ages
More information: 369-6037