H1N1 voluntary school-based vaccination clinics start next week
City of Norwood
Norwood Health Department, Norwood Public Schools, and Norwood City Administration
Norwood, Ohio – October 13, 2009 The Norwood City Health Department and Norwood City Schools, with assistance from the Office of Mayor Tom Williams, are working closely to administer the 2009 H1N1 flu vaccine through the following VOLUNTARY school-based vaccination clinics:
- Allison School: Monday, 10/19/09 @ 9:30 a.m. & 1:00 p.m.
- Sharpsburg Primary and Elementary: Tuesday, 10/20/09 @ 9:30 a.m.
- Norwood View: Wednesday, 10/21/09 @! 9:30 a.m.
- Williams Elementary: Thursday, 10/22/09 @ 9:30 a.m.
- Norwood High School: Friday, 10/23/09 @ 8:00 a.m.
- Norwood Middle School: Friday, 10/23/09 @ 10:00 a.m.
- St. Nicholas Academy: Friday, 10/23/09 @ 2:30 p.m.
- North Norwood School: Monday, 10/26/09 @ 9:30 a.m.
- Cornerstone Academy: Tuesday, 10/27/09 @ 10:30 a.m.
School age children are among the key high-risk populations identified by The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as being likely to come in contact with H1N1 flu. Like seasonal flu, H1N1 flu can be a serious contagious disease. An important step in protecting children from H1N1 flu is to receive the H1N1 flu vaccine.
“As the H1N1 flu vaccine becomes more readily available, the Health Department will be setting up clinic locations and times for the public. Please keep an eye on our website (norwoodhealth.org) for more details.”
Norwood City Health Commissioner