Free H1N1 Flu Clinic this Saturday
Clinic Date: Saturday, October 24, 2009 from 8:30 AM to 1:30 PM.
You must call 513-458-4600 to schedule an appointment. Due to the limited supply of vaccine, we can't accommodate walk-ins.
This clinic is ONLY for the following groups:
- Pregnant women because they are at higher risk of complications and can potentially provide protection to infants who cannot be vaccinated;
- Household contacts and caregivers for children younger than 6 months of age because younger infants are at higher risk of influenza-related complications and cannot be vaccinated. Vaccination of those in close contact with infants younger than 6 months old might help protect infants by “cocooning” them from the virus;
- Healthcare and emergency medical services personnel because infections among healthcare workers have been reported and this can be a potential source of infection for vulnerable patients. Also, increased absenteeism in this population could reduce healthcare system capacity;
- All people from 6 months through 24 years of age
- Children from 6 months through 18 years of age because cases of 2009 H1N1 influenza have been seen in children who are in close contact with each other in school and day care settings, which increases the likelihood of disease spread, and
- Young adults 19 through 24 years of age because many cases of 2009 H1N1 influenza have been seen in these healthy young adults and they often live, work, and study in close proximity, and they are a frequently mobile population; and,
- Persons aged 25 through 64 years who have health conditions associated with higher risk of medical complications from influenza.
1:15 p.m. UPDATE: Pamela Walker-Bauer says that Saturday's H1N1 Flu Clinic is filled to capacity now, so no more appointments being. taken However, she informed us that Walgreen's has a limited supply available for a cost of $18. For more information, the Norwood Walgreen's phone # is 731-0062.