Citizens For A Better Norwood

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Mother's home burglarized during daughter's funeral

Norwood police are looking for thieves who broke into the home of Norwood resident Angelica Sanchez while she was at her 26-year-old daughter’s funeral Monday. Her daughter died of an accidental overdose while celebrating her 26th birthday. They stole Ms. Sanchez’s LED television, Playstation 3, and her camera, which contained countless pictures of her only daughter. They moved a memorial to Stephanie in order to steal her big screen TV. Ms. Sanchez told Channel 5, "It's what I want back, my computers and camera. I don't care about anything else, because that's my memories from my daughter." She said the funeral was well publicized, which is why she feels the burglar knew exactly when to strike.

Anyone with information about the burglary is asked to call Crimestoppers at 513-352-3040.