Xavier University’s Class of 2015 arrives this week
The Xavier Move Crew, in bright neon t-shirts, will assist the new students as they move in. The Move Crew is made up of more than 200 upper class students, ROTC, faculty, staff, and alumni volunteers. The Move Crew enthusiastically welcomes each new member of the Xavier community as the student’s car approaches a residence hall. The Move Crew then unloads each vehicle and carries the student’s belongings up to their room.
To reduce congestion, Xavier is offering an early move-in option on Thursday, August 18 from 6-8:30 p.m. for first-year students in Brockman, Kuhlman and Husman Halls. Young alumni will serve as the Move Crew for the evening move-in, giving back what they received when they moved into Xavier for the first time.
As of August 15, 1,137 young men and women make up the class of 2015. 9,306 students applied for fall 2011 admission. Classes begin at 4:00 p.m. on Monday, August 22, with the first full day of classes on Tuesday, August 23.
Approximately 90% of this year’s first-year students will live on campus. More than 2,330 undergraduates will live in campus housing. Xavier has five residence halls and five apartment buildings with 2,380 beds.
- The average high school grade point average (GPA) of the Class of 2015 is 3.53.
- 14% rank in the top 10% of their high school graduating classes.
- 13 ranked number one in their high school graduating class.
- The middle 50% scored between 990 and 1180 on the SAT and between 22 and 27 on the ACT.
- 48% are from outside Ohio and represent 45 states and 10 countries: China, Colombia, Kuwait, Niger, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, Uganda, Vietnam, and The Bahamas.
- 21% are registered as an undecided major.
- The most popular major is business undecided.
- 99% applied for admission on-line.
- The class is 46% male and 54% female.
- 18% are minorities (African-American, Hispanic, Asian).
- 22% are first-generation students.
- The most popular freshman class female name is Emily. For males - Michael.
- Top Feeder High Schools:
McAuley HS (Cincinnati) - 17
Mt. Notre Dame HS (Cincinnati) - 15
Lakota West HS (Cincinnati) - 14
Elder HS (Cincinnati), St. Ignatius HS (Columbus) - 13
Seton HS (Cincinnati), Sycamore HS (Cincinnati) - 11