Citizens For A Better Norwood

Friday, July 02, 2010

Restaurant review: Thumbs up for the Cancun Mexican Bar & Grill

Recently, Lupe Gonzales-Hoyt sent us her very favorable review of the new Cancun Mexican Bar & Grill at the Quality Inn on Montgomery Road:

I don’t know how many people have tried our new restaurant, Cancun Mexican Bar & Grill, but I strongly recommend it! When you first walk in the door, you sense good quality by the courteous and attentive staff at the hostess desk. Brought back good memories of Brinkley’s. The waiters and servers are friendly, helpful and accommodating. They provided my party with request for special hot salsa to replace the regular salsa provided for all customers. The tortilla chips were fresh and tasty.

The food is absolutely delicious: frijoles, rice, guacamole, chicken and real beef tacos. The Shrimp Fajitas was less than expected, but given the higher cost of seafood these days, we weren’t surprised at the small quantity per serving. Nevertheless, the food is fabulous. And they carry my favorite Pepsi brands of soda. We don’t normally eat desserts, but their selection certainly looked interesting and tempting.

Did I mention the décor? Bright, primary colors. Airy and comfortable dining room. Beautiful light wood chairs, tables and booths with comfortable seating. Personally, I love the artwork of colorful parrots, scenery, and flowers. The lighting in the dining room is soft and comfortable to the eyes.

The owner of the restaurant had the front patio completely replaced, and now has a welcoming outdoor dining experience awaiting you.

In a rating of 5 stars, I’d give Cancun Mexican Bar & Grill in Norwood almost four stars.

Subsequent visits
I just wanted to follow up on my restaurant review of Cancun Mexican Bar & Grill. I am pleasantly surprised that the emphasis is on Grill than on the Bar. I’ve been back two more times, and enjoyed their Fajita Taco Salad. This meal was very healthy, veggies cooked just right and the steak was well done, as I like it.

I just found out they are hosting a live Mariachi Band on Thursday, July 22 during dinner time. If your readers want to enjoy a musical treat, this will be a great evening of lively music. I’m planning on bringing a group of friends and family!

Lupe Gonzales-Hoyt