Citizens For A Better Norwood

Monday, December 21, 2009

Norwood Presbyterian Church to Seek New Pastor

Guest blog by Rev. Chris White

On December 31, 2009, my six years of serving the Norwood Presbyterian Church (NPC) as pastor will come to an end. But the ministry and mission of the Norwood Presbyterian Church will live on for a long time to come! It was a difficult decision, but through much prayer and discernment, we have decided it is best for NPC to be good stewards of the funds God has provided and therefore seek part-time pastoral leadership. The NPC “What Next Committee” is active, discovering who God has planned as their next pastor. They are interviewing several “Commissioned Lay Pastors” (CLP) - ordained elders who have been educated specifically to be the pastor of a local congregation. That pastor will have the privilege – as I have had – to walk alongside this wonderful group of Christians - as they continue on their faith journeys. Together, they will find even more new and exciting ways to bring the Good News of the Gospel to the city of Norwood and beyond. As for what is next for me, I too am discerning how God wants to use me – and am happy to report that whatever congregation I serve next – I will remain a proud citizen of Norwood, Ohio. I'd like to thank all the folks of Norwood for welcoming me into your community – especially the pastors of the Norwood Ministerial Association. God is good – all the time! All the time – God is good!

Rev. Chris White