Citizens For A Better Norwood

Monday, October 05, 2009

Candidate blog series: Ward 1 candidate Al Boehme (R)

Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!
Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! and Blah! Blah! Blah! again.
I am tired of the political rhetoric. Promises, promises; but only partially kept. Oops I’m sorry I ended a sentence with a verb: or was it an adverb? I wasn’t very smart in school but I sure am now!

I’m tired of our governments, both federal and local, being on this agenda and forgetting about us. That’s one reason why I am running. I also want to serve my community with my lifelong residence experience.

I will use my several years Zoning Board Experience to help correct the zoning errors of the past: my 40 years as an electrician/contractor on safety and building issues, my 10 years as a Real Estate agent to help with the local housing issues.

I wish to demand more clarity in government, not keep secrets. Professional politicians and bureaucrats hide under rocks in the dark with their political works and bring them out to dazzle people in time to win elections, like now.

The present administration hasn’t done anything great. What has been accomplished is what I expect my government representatives to do. Oops I ended a sentence with a preposition. Sorry Mrs. Schmidt. Forgive me!

Any government official elected, or appointed, is expected to work hard in the best interest of the citizens, regardless of the party in power.

I am a middle of the road person politically with Christian/conservative values. I am not a professional politician! I am not a bureaucrat! I am a regular guy. I feel comfortable going to dinner with my congressman or at your back yard barbeque. I’m a retired Real Estate Agent and a semi- retired electrician. I was relieved of my Zoning Board appointment as my term expired.

I still work and get my hands dirty. I do volunteer work in and around the city. I do electrical work for schools and churches at no charge. I put back into the system.

I think it is appalling that all 16 years old must file taxes, especially if they are non-working students; that an attempt was made to sub lease our health service out to another government agency; that we have a childish recycling program; that criminals are terrorizing the community and then being released back to repeat again and again and that major city projects are not being bid out and just given to select people. I am tired of closed door meetings which are a violation of Ohio Sunshine Laws.

Let’s get a clear plastic suggestion box in the main area of city hall so residents can express themselves or make suggestions. Of course the president of council and/or the secretary should have the key.

Less government, open government, fair government: I will keep my nose in our ward, not the whole city.

I will get my motorcycle out now that election time is here and the roads are being repaired.

I need your vote on Nov. 3rd so I can serve you.

Al Boehme
AKA: Big Al, Too tall
Any questions or thoughts call me.
Home phone: 631-6607
Email: bafo@current@net