Citizens For A Better Norwood

Thursday, August 06, 2009

Norwood blues fans: volunteer for the Cincy Blues Fest

Joe Wessels sent us the following blog in which he invites our readers to volunteer for the Cincy Blues Fest:


17th Annual Cincy Blues Fest is this weekend (Aug 7 & 8) at Sawyer Point. And even though I am not necessarily the world's biggest blues fan, this will be my fourth year volunteering there. Why? 'Cuz it's fun.

Check out this fun Web site: http://www.cincyblues.org/

I now help coordinate the two-way radio communication for the event, but my old job - driving around golf carts carrying performers, liquor, beer, etc. - has a major shortage of helping hands. I honestly can say that this is the most fun I have ever had volunteering anywhere - toting around a golf cart all over Sawyer Point. In fact, we are a little shocked that we don't have enough volunteers signed up already. Usually there is a waiting list.

So, if you're inclined, there are three shifts both Friday and Saturday. Work one or as many as you would like. Anything would help. Sign up by replying to me and I will take care of the rest. I will be there pretty much the entire festival. We will talk on the two-way radios. See, so much fun just anticipating the fun we'll have.

Friday
1st shift: Noon to 5 p.m.
2nd shift: 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
3rd shift: 9 p.m. to midnight

Saturday (looks a lot like Friday)
1st shift: Noon to 5 p.m.
2nd shift: 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
3rd shift: 9 p.m. to midnight

If you volunteer, your official title will be "plaza coordinator." You get a free t-shirt, too, plus a bag of goodies. And a free (with beer) volunteer party... Volunteer and I will fill you in like a coloring book.

Thanks for reading. Hope to see (and hear) you there this weekend.

Joe Wessels
(513) 549-NEWS (6397)
(513) 738-0201 Ross Self Storage