2011 Holy Trinity Festival - August 5th, 6th, and 7th
Dear friends and neighbors in the Gem of the Highlands,
We invite you all to attend the 2011 version of the Holy Trinity festival. You can expect the same great food, great beverages, and great games you have come to love. This is our 4th year in the new location and we have continually improved the event based on your feedback. Our latest change was to move the date of our location back 1 week for several reasons. While we loved being the end of Norwood Week, it was also a quite stressful week for many. Festival attendees and our parishioners are also involved in many other community organizations and felt a weekend in between would yield a better rested crowd for the Festival weekend. We hope you agree that a breath of fresh air is a welcome break but still a continuation of the Norwood Week festivities.
Friday (6-midnight) with Red Idle: The Red Idle Band played on Sunday night last year and rocked it. On their website they list HT as “the rowdiest festival in the land”! Let’s live up to it!
Saturday Night (5:30-Midnight) with 3Day Rule: Thrilled to have a band that performs at Taste of Cincinnati, Party in the Park, and many other well known venues.
Sunday (3-9 p.m.) highlighting Ooh La La and the Greasers: Their 50s and 60s sound is well known throughout the area and we are excited to have them!
Sunday also features:
· The drawing for a chance at the $10,000 Grand Prize
· Happy hour prices 3-6pm
· Special kids game prices 3-6pm
· Victorian Doll House Raffle
All Weekend Long: In addition to the above, we have the following attractions …
· Great food including grilled burgers, chicken breasts, metts, bratts, Italian sausage, pizza, corn on cob, and a choice of sides during dinner hours.
· Desserts including SNOCones and Funnel Cakes
· Air conditioned gambling
· Ample Parking
· Happy Hour prices the first hour of each night
· Additional Skill games – cornhole challenge, milk jug wiffle toss, Crazy Ball, special contests throughout the festival including our famous pizza box throw, corn on cob contest, etc!
· Alumni area – anyone attending St. E’s, St. Matt’s, Sts. Peter and Paul, Gressle, Holy Trinity, and St. Nicholas are welcome to sign in and share memories.
· Little Tykes Area (kids 0-3) – play in the grass and on our toys (no charge).
While we are embracing our past with traditional food, games, and drinks…the most important thing is our community… our current Norwood Community as well as those that called us home in the past! Most of us can’t leave Norwood – those that were able to leave physically, cannot take Norwood from their hearts and we’d like to welcome everyone back.
Please join the largest annual event in our City and invite your new neighbors as well as those that may have moved out as we celebrate “Our Homecoming”!!!
See You Soon!!!
J. Brian Mumper