Citizens For A Better Norwood

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Mayor Williams apologizes to Citizens on Patrol

Yesterday afternoon, Mayor Williams asked us to post the following letter:

August 11, 2010


When I make a mistake I admit that mistake, and, boy, did I make a doozy and on top of it, I hurt some dedicated people’s feelings. At the August 10th Council meeting, during the Administrative Report while discussing Norwood’s “National Night Out” which was held on August 3rd, I mentioned several departments from inside the City and outside the City; and at that time, I also made the statement that I would not mention names because I might forget someone.

What I did forget was to mention Citizens on Patrol. I forgot to mention people who volunteer countless hours for their City and basically show up at every event to promote their organization. To all of those volunteers with the Citizens on Patrol, I deeply apologize.

Sincerely,

Thomas F. Williams, Mayor
City of Norwood