Erica told us that First Family Network of Women is made up of 12 women in the Norwood, Hyde Park, Oakley, Pleasant Ridge area who have home-based businesses. Each month, they donate roughly 60 of their businesses’ products to be auctioned off at Quartermania for either 25 cents for items valued between $15 - $25 or 50 cents for items valued between $26 - $50. Items include jewelry, Tupperware, cosmetics, and candles, but you can click here to get a better idea of their wares.
Proceeds from the auctions are donated to various charities on a rotating basis. Our very own Norwood Service League will receive the proceeds from this Thursday night’s Quartermania.
Quartermania provides plenty of suspense for its players in that winning bids are determined by drawings. Each player purchases numbered paddles that have corresponding numbered chips that are placed in a bucket for drawings after the bidding closes. The more paddles you purchase, the greater your chances are of winning. Here’s more information on how it works from FFNOW’s website:
1. Gather your quarters up (you can bring your piggy bank or rolls of quarters)
2. Get your friends together to share in the fun!
3. Arrive and get your paddles - you pick your numbers!
4. On each paddle there is a corresponding "poker" chip. You put the chip in the bucket and keep your paddles.
5. One by one we'll auction off a fantastic prize for YOU to win!! Each item will be a 1 or 2 quarter bid (we'll tell you for each item). That means YOU can win products valued from $15 to $50 for only .25 or .50!!!
6. You place your bid(s) on each item and then we draw a number (the chips off your paddles) and call the winner!
With attendance between 40 -80 people at the several Quartermania events held thus far, it sounds like this fun auction for charity is catching on. Erica invites everyone to bring their friends and try their hand at it this Thursday evening. For even more fun, whoever brings the most friends will be crowned FFNOW Queen!
When: Thursday, January 8th, 2009; Doors open at 6:00 PM - Bidding starts at 7:00 PM
Where: Norwood Quality Hotel at 4747 Montgomery Rd. Full bar and menu available.
Cost: Paddles are $2 each or 3 for $5 (When you purchase 3 paddles, you will be entered into the Ring Drawing - win a beautiful ring valued at over $80!), plus bring lots of quarters.
Spotlight Charity: Norwood Service League
Click here for future Quartermania dates.