Christmas in the Community
- Each child will be able to write a letter to Santa and also make a craft, a Christmas ornament, with the help of the youth group from Norwood’s New Bethel Baptist Church.
- Children will be able to pick out their own gloves and hat.
- Hot chocolate, cookies, ice cream cups will be served.
- Goodie bags for each child containing coloring books and crayons, free toothbrush and toothpaste
- Each child will receive a barely used book, compliments of Loveland City Schools.
Recreation Director Jenny Wallace and her assistant Kathy Hammond tell us Christmas in the Community is made possible by contributions of both time and materials donated by community members, organizations and businesses throughout the year. Norwood senior citizens, members of the Norwood Fire Department, local dentists, UDF, McDonald’s, Target, Meijer, Celebrate the Children, and Loveland City Schools all pitched in to help make this year’s Christmas in the Community special and fun for each child. We thank them, but we also want to thank Norwood Recreation for all they do to make this such a spectacular and fun event each year.
When: Saturday, December 6; 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Cost: Everything is free
Where: Community Center at 1810 Courtland Avenue